Payroll | there’s a lot to do
As an employer, you have many responsibilities.
- Have employment insurance
- Operate a PAYE system (also called RTI)
- Ensure you’re paying above the minimums
(the National Minimum Wage, or National Living Wage (if over the age of 25), and apprentices must be paid the correct apprenticeship rate).
- Calculate any deductions (such as PAYE, NIC, Student Loans, payroll giving)
- Ensure you’re operating a pension scheme (when required under automatic enrolment laws)
- Calculate any statutory payments (such as maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental pay)
- Issue pay slips (there’s a legal requirement for what these need to include)
- Register new employees with HMRC
- Issue P45 forms when employees leave
- Issue annual P60 forms to employees
We ensure all this is done with our payroll bolt-on service.
Contact us for any advice!