Do your employees know how to apply for Tax-Free Childcare?
Tax-Free Childcare can be used to pay towards the cost of (qualifying):
There’s a simple step by step guide parents can use if they want to apply for Tax-Free Childcare, at
It tells them:
• how to find out the childcare support option that’s best for them
• how to check if they’re eligible for Tax-Free Childcare
• how to apply for Tax-Free Childcare
If their application is successful they will get an online childcare account, where they can:
• select a childcare provider
• pay money into their account and receive the government ‘top-up’
• pay their childcare provider
They will need to reconfirm (every 3 months) to check they’re still eligible for Tax-Free Childcare.
You don’t need to do anything, but telling your employees about the step by step guide and where to find it may help them with their childcare costs.